Organic Rosemary Roast Chicken
- 1 (4-pound) whole organic chicken
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
3. Combine garlic and rosemary. Rub seasoning mixture under loosened skin and into the body cavity. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over entire outside surface of chicken.
4. Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 180°. Let stand 5 minutes.
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 70 minutes. It's amazing how just a handful of ingredients produces this amazing dish.
- Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 6 ounces)
|Calories per serving:||419|
|Fat per serving:||24g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||47g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||152mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||311mg|
|Calcium per serving:||37mg|