- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 cups tomato-and-basil pasta sauce (such as Classico), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie or French bread rolls, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
1. Combine sirloin, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup sauce, and salt in a bowl; shape mixture into 12 (1-inch) meatballs.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Drain well. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
3. Return meatballs to the pan over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups sauce; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon meatball mixture into rolls; top with mozzarella cheese and, if desired, basil. Let stand 1 minute before serving to melt cheese.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 5g.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 16 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||417|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||34g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||68mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||849mg|
|Calcium per serving:||226mg|