Three-Apple Chicken Salad
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 3/4 cup diced Gala apple (about 1/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup diced Red Delicious apple (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith apple (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Place chicken in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and coarsely chop chicken.
2. Combine chicken, apples, celery, and pecans in bowl; toss gently to coat.
3. Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover; chill at least 30 minutes.
Total Antioxidant Capacity: 3,300. Prep: 25 minutes (plus 30 minutes for chilling); Cook: 25 minutes. Three different apple varieties and pecans pump up the antioxidants in this tasty salad.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||246|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||13g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||68mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||287mg|
|Calcium per serving:||26mg|