- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 cups vanilla reduced-fat ice cream (such as Healthy Choice), softened slightly
- 2 (6-ounce) containers fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 4 amaretti cookies, crushed
1. Stir lemon rind into ice cream until well-blended. Cover ice cream, and return to freezer 20 minutes or until almost firm.
2. To assemble parfait, reserve 4 berries for garnish. Remove ice cream from freezer.
3. Distribute half of remaining ber- ries evenly into the bottoms of four parfait glasses. Distribute half of crushed cookies among the glasses.
4. Distribute half of ice cream among the glasses. Repeat layers, starting with berries and ending with ice cream. Top with reserved berries.
Total Antioxidant Capacity: 5,776. Prep: 10 minutes (plus 20 minutes for freezing). Blackberries and lemon rind add an antioxidant kick to this basic dessert.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 parfait)
|Calories per serving:||237|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||46g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||74mg|
|Calcium per serving:||178mg|