Glazed Polenta With Hot Berry Jam
- 1 1/3 cups frozen blueberries or raspberries
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 5 ounces polenta, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
1. Divide berries evenly among 4 (4-ounce) small bowls or ramekins. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar; set aside.
2. Combine polenta and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until smooth and hot, stirring with a whisk. Remove polenta mixture from heat; stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Divide polenta mixture over fruit in bowls; sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over each bowl. Place bowls on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until sugar melts. Let stand before serving.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 19g.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This delicious polenta recipe is sweet enough to be dessert. Don't skip the step when you broil the brown sugar; it creates the perfect crispy topping.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 bowl)
|Calories per serving:||148|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||140mg|
|Calcium per serving:||74mg|