- 2 whole links hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms
- 8 (1/2 -inch-thick) slices polenta
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
1. Remove casings from Italian sausage, and combine with bell pepper, corn, onion, and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, 7 minutes or until the sausage is crumbled and browned. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle one side of each polenta slice with thyme and ground pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Coat tops of slices with cooking spray; turn and cook 2 minutes or until browned.
3. Spoon 1/2 cup sausage mixture onto each serving plate; top with 2 polenta slices, thyme-side up.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 5g.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 polenta slices plus 1/2 cup sausage mixture)
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes
|Calories per serving:||232|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||33g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||15mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||572mg|
|Calcium per serving:||18mg|