Creamy Parmesan Polenta
- 1 (16-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces very thin slices prosciutto
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine polenta and broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until smooth and hot, stirring with a whisk. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tomato, prosciutto, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add wine; cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid has evaporated.
3. Spoon 3/4 cup polenta into each of 4 bowls; top with 1/2 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 4g.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Add flavor to creamy polenta with parmesan cheese and top with tomato and proscuitto.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||192|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||23g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||18mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||734mg|
|Calcium per serving:||76mg|