Parchment-baked Chicken with Arugula, Sage, and Rosemary
- 4 (12- x 8-inch) sheets parchment paper
- cooking spray
- 2 cups arugula leaves, torn
- 4 4- ounce skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoon sliced pitted kalamata olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Follow directions for heart-shaped parchment package at lower left.
2. Unfold parchment heart, and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
3. Place 1/2 cup arugula on one side of parchment-paper heart so that it touches fold, but not ungreased border. Place a chicken breast over arugula; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sage and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary. Top with 1/4 cup tomato. Sprinkle with one-fourth of salt and black pepper, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and top with 1 teaspoon olives, if desired.
4. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, chicken, and other ingredients.
5. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. To serve, open packets and transfer arugula and chicken breast to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Baking the chicken in parchment paper along with the arugula, tomatoes, rosemary and sage, creates a juicy and flavorful dinner that is sure to impress.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 parchment packet)
|Calories per serving:||190|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||208mg|
|Calcium per serving:||33mg|