- 1/2 cup sour orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 4 bone-in chicken-breast halves, skinned
- Cooking spray
1. Combine juice and next 7 ingredients (through chili flakes) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour and up to 3.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. Place chicken in a 13- x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, covered, 20 minutes; uncover and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 1g.
This favorite Cuban chicken dish is a spicy, flavorful way to prepare bone-in chicken breasts.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast)
|Calories per serving:||159|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||112mg|
|Calcium per serving:||18mg|
Good to Know
Chicken breast is a great source of lean protein. Contrary to popular belief, chicken has the same amount of dietary cholesterol as other meats, but it is lower in saturated fat. Serve this dish with a side of whole grain pasta or couscous for a filling meal.