- 3 cups frozen sliced plantains
- 1/3 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 2 tablespoons honey, lightly heated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place plantains in a large saucepan; add water to just cover. Bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until tender; drain and transfer to large bowl. Stir in pumpkinseed kernels, honey, and salt.
3. Spread mixture on baking pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, turning once. Drizzle with juice.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 26g.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes. Look for frozen plantains in the ethnic section of the frozen-food aisle of your supermarket. You can substitute sliced underripe bananas.
|Calories per serving:||232|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||47g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||77mg|
|Calcium per serving:||10mg|