Cumin-Scented Black Beans With Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Crushed red chili flakes (optional)
1. Heat canola or olive oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add red onion, tomato, bell pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until tender.
2. Add beans, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes.
3. Add cilantro and juice, and serve. Garnish with sour cream and chili flakes, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 7g.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Add flavor to canned black beans with tomato, onion, bell pepper, cumin and cilantro and serve as a side dish with your favorite Mexican recipes.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||129|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||107mg|
|Calcium per serving:||50mg|