Wild Salmon With Red-Pepper Sauté
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced small onion
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 thinly sliced basil leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. For salmon, heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Wrap handle with foil, transfer to oven, and warm 5 minutes.
3. Add salmon; sprinkle with half of salt and pepper. Bake 5 minutes. Turn fish; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
4. For sauté, heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
5. Add wine; cook 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Divide pepper mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with salmon. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 31 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 piece salmon with 1/2 cup peppers)
|Calories per serving:||360|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||34g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||11g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||90mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||743mg|
|Calcium per serving:||44mg|