Caramelized Onion and Roasted Pepper Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced sweet or white onion
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced bottled roasted yellow and red bell peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 15 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, egg whites, cheese, milk, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet with onion; stir to evenly distribute eggs. Top with bell pepper in a bicycle-spoke pattern. Cook 2 minutes or until edges begin to set. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; transfer to oven.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until frittata is set. Cut into 6 wedges.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 3g.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 33 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
|Calories per serving:||133|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||147mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||332mg|
|Calcium per serving:||106mg|