Lemony Pasta With Chicken and Spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 3 thinly sliced medium red onions
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces uncooked spinach fettuccine
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- Pine nuts, toasted (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until done. Transfer with tongs to a cutting board. Cool; shred with hands.
2. Combine onions, raisins, rind, ginger, and salt in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and pepper.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir in spinach just before draining. Drain pasta and spinach; return to pot, stir in onion mixture and chicken, and toss well before serving. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 22g.
High in iron (4 mg) and chromium (27 micrograms, or mcg); for women ages 19 to 50, iron RDA is 18 mg and chromium reference daily intake (RDI) is 120 mcg. Prep: 12 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||588|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||32g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||85g|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||55mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||791mg|
|Calcium per serving:||124mg|