Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 cup natural-style chunky peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Pulse oats in a food processor until finely ground. Add sugar and cherries; process until coarsely ground.
3. Combine peanut butter and butter in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth. Add oat mixture; beat until blended. Stir in flour with a rubber spatula until well-blended; use your hands if necessary.
4. Drop dough by level 1/8-cupfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, leaving an imprint on top. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 9g.
Source of vitamin B6 (0.05 mg); RDA for women is 1.3 mg. Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
- Yield: 30 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
|Calories per serving:||132|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||17mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||49mg|
|Calcium per serving:||10mg|