Broccoli Rabe and Cheese Pizza
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (or broccoli)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 1/2 cups light tomato-and-basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Remove and discard tough ends from broccoli rabe stems; coarsely chop stems, leaves, and florets.
3. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large nonstick skillet. Add broccoli rabe; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Dry on paper towels.
4. Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto baking sheet; pat into a 12- x 14-inch rectangle. Top with sauce, broccoli rabe, and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle the floor of the oven with water 2-3 times to create steam for a crispier crust.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 5g.
High in calcium (225 mg); RDA for women ages 19 to 50 is 1,000 mg. Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes. This pizza provides a hefty chunk of a woman's daily calcium requirement, so enjoy it without the guilt.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 slices)
|Calories per serving:||224|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||683mg|
|Calcium per serving:||225mg|