Chorizo-White Bean Soup
- 2 whole links chorizo sausage or Italian sausage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 (15- to 16-ounce) can Great Northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausage, pepper, and carrot; sautÃ© 5 minutes or until sausage is browned.
2. Add broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach, and stir until wilted; add beans, and cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||324|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||31mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||812mg|
|Calcium per serving:||172mg|