Glazed Acorn Squash With Toasted Almonds
- 2 acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Peel squash. Cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membrane. Cut each squash half crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, overlapping if necessary. Combine juice, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; pour over squash.
3. Cover squash mixture with foil; bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until tender. Top with almonds.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: This impressive side dish preps in just 10 minutes. Pair this acron squash recipe with a tender chicken dish for an easy, hearty dinner tonight.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
|Calories per serving:||126|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||41mg|
|Calcium per serving:||79mg|