Herb-Roasted Tenderloin with Sautéed Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 (4-ounce) packages presliced exotic or button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-salt beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brandy
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine mustard, 1 teaspoon herbs, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic, and coat beef with mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook for 2 minutes on 1 side or until browned. Turn beef over.
3. Transfer beef to oven; bake at 350° for 27 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; cover loosely with foil.
4. Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon herbs, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and salt; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add broth and brandy; simmer 4 minutes or until slightly thick.
5. Cut beef crosswise into 8 pieces; serve with mushrooms.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This elegant cut of meat is a wonderful addition to any holiday table. Serve beef tenderloin for any festive gathering you host any time of year.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 beef slices and about 3 tablespoons mushroom mixture)
|Calories per serving:||363|
|Fat per serving:||23g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||93mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||334mg|
|Calcium per serving:||37mg|