Parmesan Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1. Combine potatoes, chives, egg white, and 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and cheese on a small plate. Divide the potato mixture into 8 equal (1/4-cup) portions; dredge in breadcrumb mixture, shaping each portion into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet. Add 4 patties; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 4 patties. Serve pancakes hot with applesauce and low-fat sour cream.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Never underestimate the power of leftovers! Last night's mashed potatoes are today's delicious parmesan potato pancakes. Serve with a side salad for lunch.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes)
|Calories per serving:||150|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||568mg|
|Calcium per serving:||60mg|