Apple-Cranberry Bake with Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled Rome apple
- 1/4 cup water
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Bring juice and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Add cranberries; reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until berries pop. Place cranberry mixture in a metal sieve over a bowl, and press with the back of a spoon to extract liquid (about 1/2 cup). Discard pulp. Combine cranberry puree, jelly, and 2 tablespoons butter in 2-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until butter melts; stir and set aside.
3. Place apple and 1/4 cup water in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Drain. Return mixture to casserole; combine with cranberry mixture. Spoon into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
4. Combine flour and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over fruit mixture; bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This gorgeous Apple-Cranberry Bake features delicious fall flavors like cranberries, apples, and walnuts. Serve with the homemade streusel topping.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||191|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||13mg|