- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (8-ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine cranberries and 2 tablespoons flour, tossing gently; set aside.
3. Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together oil and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a medium bowl. Make a well in center of flour mixture; add oil mixture, stirring just until flour mixture is moist. Fold in cranberry mixture. Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar evenly over muffins. Bake at 375° for 33 minutes.
4. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: These cranberry muffins have an extra bit of tangy flavor from grated lemon rind and extra sweetness from the turbinado sugar that's sprinkled on top.
- Yield: 1 dozen (serving size: 1 muffin)
|Calories per serving:||238|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||33g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||19mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||186mg|
|Calcium per serving:||97mg|