Green Beans with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, and add green beans. Cook beans for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, and drain. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until shallots begin to brown, stirring constantly.
3. Combine the shallots, lemon rind, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Slowly add 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, stirring well. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the beans, tossing gently to coat.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This green bean recipe gets its flavor from the hit of citrus in the dressing. Serve it with your favorite grilled chicken recipe tonight.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||89|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||150mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|