Glazed Ham with Blackberry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8- to 9-pound) smoked, bone-in ham shank, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare ham, combine 2 tablespoons mustard, sugar, 2/3 cup jam, and pepper in a small bowl; spread half of jam mixture over ham. Place ham on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; insert a thermometer into thickest portion of ham. Bake at 350° for 2 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 160°, basting with remaining jam mixture occasionally.
3. To prepare the sauce, combine the cider and wine in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Stir in 1 cup jam and 1 tablespoon mustard. Reduce heat to low, and cook until jam dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in juice. Serve with ham.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 16 servings plus leftovers (serving size: about 4 ounces ham and 3 tablespoons sauce).
|Calories per serving:||337|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||31g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||100mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||143mg|
|Calcium per serving:||14mg|