- 1 (12-pound) fresh or frozen turkey, thawed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, halved
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Remove and discard giblets and neck from turkey. Rinse turkey with cold water, and pat dry. Trim excess fat. Brush oil over turkey. Combine oregano, coriander, lemon rind, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Rub mixture over skin. Place garlic and lemon in cavity; tie ends of legs together with cord. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under turkey.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour, and cover breast with foil. Bake an additional 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh registers 180°. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This delicious holiday turkey is rubbed with an oregano-coriander mixture and baked with garlic and lemon for moist, tender results.
- Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 6 ounces)
|Calories per serving:||372|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||66g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||1g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||198mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||307mg|
|Calcium per serving:||63mg|