Kale with Caramelized Onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) bag prewashed chopped kale or spinach
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sautÃ© 7 minutes or until golden. Add honey, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
2. Add kale; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 6 minutes or just until kale is tender, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 16 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||92|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||243mg|
|Calcium per serving:||110mg|