Roast Dijon Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 4 chicken-breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato or Red Bliss potato
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 7 ounces)
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 475°.
2. Combine mustard and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken; spread mustard mixture evenly over skin side of each breast.
3. Combine potato, carrot, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes. Stir potato mixture; place chicken, skin side up, over potato mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast and 1 cup potato mixture)
Cover chicken with a Dijon rub before roasting with vegetables for the best flavor.
|Calories per serving:||284|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||462mg|
|Calcium per serving:||64mg|