Grilled Jerk Pineapple
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 (3/4-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat ice cream
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pineapple, and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. Remove pineapple from bag, reserving marinade. Place pineapple on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated, brushing with reserved marinade.
4. Arrange 2 pineapple slices on each of 4 dessert plates; top each with 1/3 cup ice cream. Drizzle any remaining marinade over ice cream.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: A quick one-hour marinade infuses delicious fiery flavor into sweet grilled pineapple.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pineapple slices and 1/3 cup ice cream)
|Calories per serving:||251|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||51g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||98mg|
|Calcium per serving:||109mg|