Grilled Chicken Breasts Provençal
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken-breast halves, skinned
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken-breast half; stuff about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture into each slit. Sprinkle with juice, salt, and pepper.
3. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes. This recipe uses herbes de Provence, a French mixture of dried basil, fennel seed, lavender, marjoram, rosemary, sage, summer savory, and thyme. Look for it in the spice sections of most large supermarkets or at specialty stores. You can make a similar blend at home by combining equal parts dried basil, thyme, fennel seed, sage, and rosemary.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast)
|Calories per serving:||227|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||159mg|
|Calcium per serving:||23mg|