- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions (omit salt and fat).
2. Add asparagus to pasta during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||324|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||47g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||296mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|
Good to Know
Using a whole-wheat pasta will give you a boost of fiber, which helps aid in digestion. Toss in some of your favorite vegetables for a more colorful, heart-healthy pasta dish.