Sizzlin' Chicken Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups bell pepper strips
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and next 5 ingredients (bell pepper through black pepper); sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove mixture from skillet.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Return vegetable mixture to skillet. Stir in juice; cook until chicken mixture is thoroughly heated. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
3. Place 1 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle each portion with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, and roll up.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: These easy chicken fajitas are prepared in a skillet and are ready in 20 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fajita and 1 cup chicken mixture)
|Calories per serving:||377|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||69mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||484mg|
|Calcium per serving:||100mg|