Chinese Chicken-Noodle Soup
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken into 3-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15.75-ounce) cans low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground white or black pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups prewashed baby spinach
Place noodles (discard seasoning packages) in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Soak 3 minutes; drain under running water. Divide among 4 soup bowls.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic about 30 seconds. Add broth, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce, chicken, and pepper to taste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer about 5 minutes, or until chicken is done. Remove from heat; stir in scallions. Ladle soup over noodles. Top with 1/2 cup spinach and chili-garlic sauce to taste.
Ramen noodles and chicken are quick-cook ingredients in this Chinese soup recipe. Scallions, fresh spinach leaves, and a bit of chili sauce add color.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups broth, 1/2 cup spinach, and 1/2 cup noodles)
|Calories per serving:||293|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||28g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||35g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||34mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||650mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|
Good to Know
Leafy greens like baby spinach are a great source of heart-healthy folate and vitamin C.