Garlicky Spinach Dip with Hearts of Palm
- 22 (6-inch) corn tortillas, each cut into 8 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6.5-ounce) tub light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
Preheat oven to 375°.
To prepare chips, arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with salt. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until wedges are crisp and lightly browned.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
To prepare dip, combine mozzarella, 1/4 cup Asiago, sour cream, and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended. Spoon spinach mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Asiago. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips.
Homemade corn chips are sturdier than store-bought ones and stand up to this thick dip. Assemble the dip a day ahead and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before baking.
- Yield: 22 servings (serving size: about 1/4 cup dip and 8 chips)
|Calories per serving:||128|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||4.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||6.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||15.7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||384mg|
|Calcium per serving:||175mg|