Seared Beef Tenderloin Mini Sandwiches with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and chill.
Secure beef at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle beef with pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Arrange watercress evenly on bread slices. Place 1 beef slice and about 1 tablespoon chilled sauce over each bread slice. Arrange capers and cheese evenly over sauce.
These mini sandwiches are a great beef tenderloin appetizer. Serving beef tenderloin as an appetizer is an elegant, yet budget-friendly way to enjoy a pricey cut of meat.
- Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||136|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||33%|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||12.6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||10g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||25mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||314mg|
|Calcium per serving:||94mg|
Good to Know
While most appetizers are fat-bombs, the lean beef tenderloin has half the fat as a serving of Swedish meatballs. The combination of protein and carbohydrates will satisfy, but try a multigrain baguette for extra fiber.