Grilled Chicken with Fruit Salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pineapple
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped orange sections
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
To prepare chicken, combine the juice, soy sauce, ginger, lemon pepper, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once.
Prepare grill or broiler.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
To prepare salsa, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients, tossing gently. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 cup salsa)
Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger, lemon pepper, and garlic to make a kickin' marinade for grilled chicken. Fruit salsa adds sweetness and crunch to this tropical dish.
|Calories per serving:||257|
|Calories per serving:||9%|
|Fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||40.9g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||16.7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||99mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||683mg|
|Calcium per serving:||49mg|