Grilled Chicken with Fruit Salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pineapple
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped orange sections
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
To prepare chicken, combine the juice, soy sauce, ginger, lemon pepper, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning once.
Prepare grill or broiler.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
To prepare salsa, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients, tossing gently. Serve with chicken.
Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger, lemon pepper, and garlic to make a kickin' marinade for grilled chicken. Fruit salsa adds sweetness and crunch to this tropical dish.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 cup salsa)
|Calories per serving:||257|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||9%|
|Fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||40.9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16.7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2.7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||99mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||683mg|
|Calcium per serving:||49mg|