Apple and Horseradish-Glazed Salmon
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine apple jelly, chives, horseradish, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk.
Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, and cook 3 minutes. Turn salmon over; brush with half of apple mixture. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Brush with remaining apple mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)
Mild apple jelly and hot horseradish pair well with rich salmon. Serve with a neutral-flavored side of couscous or rice.
|Calories per serving:||375|
|Calories from fat:||40%|
|Fat per serving:||16.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3.4g|
|Protein per serving:||36.4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||18.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||90mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||376mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|