Classic White Pizza
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced plum tomatoes
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread cheese mixture over pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle with basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through garlic powder). Arrange plum tomato slices in a single layer on top. Place pizza on baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove pizza to cutting board; cut into 6 slices.
Ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella are the three cheeses highlighted in this meatless pizza. A packaged pizza crust makes it an easy choice for busy weeknights.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
|Calories per serving:||339|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||27%|
|Fat per serving:||10.2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.3g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||43g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||26mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||712mg|
|Calcium per serving:||303mg|
Good to Know
Dressing up this white, cheesy pizza with vegetables is a great way to add more fiber and antioxidants.