- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
Preheat oven to 375º.
Combine first 9 ingredients.
Lightly coat both sides of bread slices with cooking spray; arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
Rub 1 side of bread slices with halved garlic; top evenly with tomato mixture.
Plum tomatoes usually have better flavor and are less watery than other tomatoes during the off season, so they are great for this recipe. If you're without a baking sheet, carefully arrange the bread slices directly on the oven rack.
- Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 2 bread slices and about 1/3 cup tomato mixture)
|Calories per serving:||109|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||23%|
|Fat per serving:||2.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Protein per serving:||3.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||18g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||373mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|