Baked Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cheese
- 1 (1-pound) package uncooked ziti (short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 pound hot turkey Italian sausage links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain the pasta, and set aside.
Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine cooked pasta, sausage mixture, and basil. Place half of the pasta mixture in a 4-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Top with half of mozzarella and half of Parmesan. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
This easy, cheesy pasta recipe features ziti, turkey sausage, canned tomatoes, and fresh basil. It's a perfect pasta dish for busy weeknights.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||413|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||26%|
|Fat per serving:||11.8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6.1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||24.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||53g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||49mg|
|Iron per serving:||7.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||941mg|
|Calcium per serving:||265mg|