- Calories per serving 234
- Caloriesfromfat per serving 23%
- Fat per serving 5.9g
- Saturated fat per serving 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat per serving 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat per serving 1.3g
- Protein per serving 8.4g
- Carbohydrate per serving 39.2g
- Fiber per serving 6.7g
- Cholesterol per serving 3mg
- Iron per serving 3.3mg
- Sodium per serving 402mg
- Calcium per serving 112mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut tops off bell peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Cook peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add parsley, almonds, sherry, and chile powder; sauté 3 minutes. Add rice, tomato juice, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt; sauté 3 minutes. Spoon 3/4 cup rice mixture into each bell pepper. Top each bell pepper with 2 teaspoons cheese. Place stuffed bell peppers in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; bake at 350° for 15 minutes.