Chicken Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Garlic
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (25.5-ounce) jar fat-free Italian herb pasta sauce
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 3 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
Combine goat cheese, 2 tablespoons basil, and minced garlic; set aside.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each half to a 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Divide the cheese mixture evenly among breast halves. Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Tuck in sides; secure each roll with wooden picks.
Heat the pasta sauce and whole garlic cloves in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over pasta. Garnish with 1 tablespoon basil.
An Italian acquaintance suggested the garlic cloves simmer in store-bought marinara to add flavor.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken roll, 3/4 cup pasta, and 1/2 cup sauce)
|Calories per serving:||503|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||15%|
|Fat per serving:||8.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Protein per serving:||57.2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||48.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||5.5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||112mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||785mg|
|Calcium per serving:||137mg|