Italian Sausage Sandwiches
- 2 cups
- 4 (3.5-ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage reserved from Lasagna, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in quarters diagonally
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 450°.
Reheat onion and pepper mixture in a microwave-safe bowl on high for about 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once after about 1 minute.
In a separate dish, reheat sausages for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Slice each baguette quarter in half horizontally, cutting almost through to the other side. Arrange bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Top half of each portion with 1 ounce cheese. Bake at 450° for 3 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
Spread mustard evenly over bread. Top with 2 sausage halves and 1/2 cup onion-pepper mixture.
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||455|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||15.1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||33.6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||47.3g|
|Fiber per serving:||4.9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||72mg|
|Iron per serving:||4.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||725mg|
|Calcium per serving:||332mg|