Orange-Ginger Salmon with Sautéed Greens
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stems trimmed (about 16 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
Combine the soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and orange zest in a zip-top plastic bag. Add the fish and marinate 20 minutes (or longer in refrigerator). Remove the fish; reserve marinade.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook 3 minutes, without turning. Reduce heat to medium, turn the fish, and cover. Cook 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, and keep warm.
Return the skillet to the heat. To make glaze, pour the marinade into the skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add half the basil, salt, pepper, garlic, spinach, and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining basil, salt, pepper, garlic, spinach, and water. Combine with other spinach and toss with sesame oil.
Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the salmon, drizzle with glaze, and serve.
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 salmon filet, 2/3 cup spinach mixture, and 1 1/2 teaspoons glaze)
|Calories per serving:||287|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||67mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||705mg|