Grilled Chicken Breast with Charred Corn Salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 lime slices
- 4 cilantro sprigs (optional)
Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon pepper, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
While chicken marinates, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add corn, onion, and bell peppers; saute 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly blackened. Transfer corn mixture to a bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and black pepper.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken with salsa and lime slices. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Grilling is a perfect way to add a smoky flavor to foods without extra fat.
- Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/3 cup salsa, and 1 lime slice)
|Calories per serving:||270|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||25%|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4.2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||35g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||15g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||82mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||596mg|
|Calcium per serving:||28mg|