Panzanella Salad with Shrimp
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed day-old country-style wheat bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 8 cups chopped plum tomato (about 16)
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 425°.
Arrange bread cubes on a baking sheet; bake at 425° for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and dry. Cool completely; set aside.
Combine lemon juice and 2 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 1 garlic clove. Add tomatoes and olives; mix well.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet; add shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; add 1 garlic clove. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Remove from heat.
Add bread cubes and shrimp to tomato mixture; toss. Add basil; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Yield: serves 6 (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||498|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||28%|
|Fat per serving:||15.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7.6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4.6g|
|Protein per serving:||33g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||59g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||172mg|
|Iron per serving:||7mg|
|Sodium per serving:||767mg|
|Calcium per serving:||125mg|