Florentine Potato Casserole
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or red potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped reduced-fat ham
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Place potatoes in a stockpot; cover with water (to 2 inches above potatoes); bring to a boil. Cook 40 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, sauté 3 minutes. Add broth; cook until evaporated. Stir in spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place half the potatoes in a single layer on the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with ham. Layer remaining potatoes over top.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, milk, flour, and eggs. Pour over potatoes (dish will be full). Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Yield: serves 8 (serving size: 1/8 of casserole)
|Calories per serving:||221|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||26%|
|Fat per serving:||6.4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.6g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||3.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||121mg|
|Iron per serving:||1.8mg|
|Sodium per serving:||523mg|
|Calcium per serving:||205mg|