Rice with Pan-Roasted Corn
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and salt; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in oregano; cook 1 minute. Stir in cilantro; remove from heat.
Combine rice and corn mixture; toss well.
- Yield: serves 6 (serving size: 3/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||160|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||14%|
|Fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||31.4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||201mg|
|Calcium per serving:||8mg|