Pan-Seared Tilapia with Mojo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets or other mild white fish
- 4 lime slices
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes. Stir in water, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; set aside.
Combine 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour, and red pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly coat fillets with cooking spray; dredge in flour mixture.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Spoon lime mixture evenly over fillets; transfer skillet to oven and bake 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lime slices.
- Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 fillet)
|Calories per serving:||204|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||25%|
|Fat per serving:||5.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6.9g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||52mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.9mg|
|Sodium per serving:||533mg|
|Calcium per serving:||60mg|