- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso), divided
- 1/2 cup fresh, refrigerated salsa
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled queso fresco or queso añejo
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a medium bowl, partially mash beans with a fork. Add corn, Jack cheese, 1/3 cup cilantro, and 1/4 cup enchilada sauce.
In another bowl, combine remaining enchilada sauce and salsa.
Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of dish.
Warm tortillas in microwave according to package directions. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Arrange tortillas seam side down in baking dish; top with remaining enchilada sauce mixture and crumbled queso. Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Note: Shredded Mexican cheese (such as Kraft or Sargento) can be substituted for queso fresco or anejo.
- Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 2 enchiladas)
|Calories per serving:||332|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||21%|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Protein per serving:||11.4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||55.8g|
|Fiber per serving:||8.3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Iron per serving:||2.6mg|
|Sodium per serving:||866mg|
|Calcium per serving:||287mg|