Chicken Fajita Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups (1/8 x 2-inch) julienne-cut green bell pepper
- 1 cup (1/8 x 2-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cups romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder, and cumin in a small bowl. Place tortilla strips on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half the cumin mixture. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned; cool on a wire rack.
Combine remaining cumin mixture and chicken in a zip-top plastic bag; shake to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Add julienne-cut green and red bell pepper and sliced onion; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
To make dressing, combine lime juice, olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine lime-juice mixture and lettuce; toss well. Divide lettuce evenly among 4 plates; top each with chicken mixture, tomatoes, and baked tortilla strips.
- Yield: serves 4 (serving size: 1 3/4 cups lettuce, 3/4 cup chicken, 1/2 cup tomatoes, and 12 tortilla strips)
|Calories per serving:||332|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||11.3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Protein per serving:||31.1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||28.6g|
|Fiber per serving:||5.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||66mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||394mg|
|Calcium per serving:||87mg|